cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library wont use new/erased tapes that are using my media set

ikmon2000
Level 3

I have a media set that is set to overwrite protection for one week and allow append for one week.

When i recently changed out all the 12 tapes with new or erased tapes the library wont use them. I have to change the media set to scratch for it to grab a tape.

What media set settings can i use that will let the library use the tape but protect the data from being overwritten?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What you are experiencing is correct.  When you put a tape into a media set, it immediately take on the OPP and AP setting and would be protected.  For the tape to be used, move it to the scratch media set.  After the job writes to the tape, it would be moved to the media set targeted by the job and would be protected according to the settings of the targeted media set.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What you are experiencing is correct.  When you put a tape into a media set, it immediately take on the OPP and AP setting and would be protected.  For the tape to be used, move it to the scratch media set.  After the job writes to the tape, it would be moved to the media set targeted by the job and would be protected according to the settings of the targeted media set.