cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Assessment Tool shows incorrect information.

Rustam_sh
Level 4

Hello, folks.

I have an issue. We have two licenses Agent for Windows, but License Assessment Tool shows that we're using three agents and we have to buy another one license. On two of this servers i already uninstalled agents, but on one server we didn't used any of backupexec agents, we even didn't made installation on this server. How to make full uninstall of agent for windows and how to clean up wrong information from License Assessment Tool.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Rustam,

Please refer to the folowing technote

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH70287

Regards,

-Sush...

Rustam_sh
Level 4

Thanks, Sush. But how this article may help in my case?

I dont have vip-licenses, and now we have one agent installed, but Belat shows that 4 agents installed. But only 2 licenses we have in stock. Any other ideas?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Sush: The TN provided deals with BELAT showing fewer licenses...in the OP's case he has 2 licenses, and BELAT shows that he is using MORE.

I never went according to what BELAT stated...I used it to get an idea and tie it in with the licenses I knew we had renewed from the year before, while adding anything new. I'd recommend expanding that report to see what servers it is referring too...it might be showing the RAWS agent that is installed with the media server installation as an additional license. If this is the case, don't worry as the RAWS agent is part of the media server license for the media server.

Thanks!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

well all the way the point I actually wanted to make is what CraigV said in his 2nd para above.

Regards,

-Sush...

Artegic
Level 6

Simple solution: don't run the License Assessment Tool. It's neither necessary nor useful.

HTH

Tilman