Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License- Tape Library

mdmasih_P1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

The Backup Exec 2012 comes with free license for upto first tape drive. Is it correct? 

I have a tape library with 23 tapedrives (HP Storage work-MSL2024). Do i need any license for this? if yes how many licenses will be needed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The Backup Exec 2012 comes with free license for upto first tape drive. Is it correct? 

You do not need any further licence if you are using stand-alone tape drives.  If you are using tape libraries/autoloaders, you do not need any licence if you only have 1 tape drive in the library.  If you have more than 1 tape drive in the same library, then you need 1 LEO licence for the 2nd and subsequent tape drives.

I have a tape library with 23 tapedrives (HP Storage work-MSL2024).

I think you got confused with the tape slots.  If I am not mistaken, the MSL2024 can at most have 2 tape drives.  In any case, it is the tape drives in the tape library that matters, not the number of slots.  You can have any number of slots.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You do not need any further licence if you are using stand-alone tape drives.  If you are using tape libraries/autoloaders, you do not need any licence if you only have 1 tape drive in the library.  If you have more than 1 tape drive in the same library, then you need 1 LEO licence for the 2nd and subsequent tape drives.

I have a tape library with 23 tapedrives (HP Storage work-MSL2024).

I think you got confused with the tape slots.  If I am not mistaken, the MSL2024 can at most have 2 tape drives.  In any case, it is the tape drives in the tape library that matters, not the number of slots.  You can have any number of slots.