cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License downgrade from Backup Exec 15 to Backup Exec 2012

nghitd
Level 4

Hi Community,

I am working on Windows Server 2008 STD R2, with Symantec Backup Exec 2012, 01 server and 01 agent licese installed.

Now my system has 01 new server Windows Server 2008 STD R2, i will move Backup Exec 2012 Server from old server to this new server, old server will become backup agent.

I also bought 01 new agent license, but it is for Backup Exec 15.

So i need send email to License Support of Symantec for downgrade this license from Backup Exec 15 to Backup Exec 2012?

Please help with their email address. Thanks.

Regards,

Nghi

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here is their contact information - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_care.jsp

You can email licensing@symantec.com, but I would recommend you to instead call them.

Additionally, would recommend using BE 15 instead of BE 2012.

nghitd
Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually i also like to use BE 15, instead of BE 2012. However their current system is using BE 2012 license, with no re-new license contract, so it seems could not upgrade to BE 15.

Let me raise email to licensing@symantec.com for license downgrade.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I remember in an earlier discussion, you said that the Symantec Licencing department will only downgrade BE 15 licences to BE 2014 ones and not to any previous versions. Has this policy changed?

nghitd
Level 4

Hi pkh,

Is this confirm information? If yes, it will be hard for us, since our last system running with Symantec BE 2012, now need to move the same version.

nghitd
Level 4

Hi Community,

Anyone can help me about phone number or contact of this support?

I raised email to licensing@symantec.com from 16/09, but no response.

It'd better for the support from ASIA region, I am from Vietnam.

Regards,

Nghi

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

For Vietnam - 1-201-0288 then 888 540 8748

The link which I provided earlier, you can choose the country on the top-right side for the appropriate contact info. Secondly, as far as I recall, license downgrades will be only version lower (i.e. BE 2014), however still best to confirm with the Licensing Team. Thanks.