cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License key not valid for product.

Michael_Astrosk
Level 3
have BKUP for SBS 11d certificate and downloaded from symantec.com. When entering the license keys I get an error stating that the key is not valid with this version of windows.

I spent 50 minutes on hold. Licensing said that the key was valid with Windows 2k3 SBS SP1. So I got shoved to Tech support who told me this was a charged call at $90. So now I am here.

What do I do to resolved this? Licensing says the key is valid for SBS2k3. I have SP1 installed on server.
5 REPLIES 5

Jack_Dorsey
Level 5
I certainly wouldn't expect any help here, at least not form Symantec Tech Support. They are virtually non-existent on here and merely spit the Administrator's Guide rhetoric or send you to a link in cyberspace showing unhelpful documentation on very rudimentary troubleshooting issues.

In retrospect, it may behoove you to purchase the maintenance plan when purchasing software (especially software from Symantec...you'll need the tech support contract, believe me).

As a second note, where are you getting your license keys from?

Michael_Astrosk
Level 3
license keys came from the symantec registration site. Register with your serrial numbers and then an email with the keys in it.

Jack_Dorsey
Level 5
K, just wanted to make sure. That makes this a tech support case, unfortunately.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi Michael,

-What is the SBS version ? Standard or premium ?
-Which license Keys you have got ? For which version?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query

Thank you
Gauri

Michael_Astrosk
Level 3
sbs 2003 with Exchange
licenses keys are for BKup exec SBS std 11d win small business server and SSO 11d win san shared storage option

the key for san worked