cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License question

Morfz
Level 3

Hello. In 2010, we acquired a license for the program Backup Exec 2010 R3. Tell me, can I use this license to update my program to the latest version Backup Exec?

6 REPLIES 6

Morfz
Level 3

Asked a question in the wrong place? :)

EliasA
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee CPEP

Hello. Yes, but not a problem.
Let me direct you to support.veritas.com; please click on Licensing, then log in (if you don't have an account you can create one) and that will route you to the appropriate team to assist you with your licensing request.

Hello. Thanks for the answer. But the problem is that all my actions lead to the fact that I need to make a phone call. But even in Russia, and I am from Russia, communication with support takes place in English, and my level of spoken English is zero. :) On my own, I can't add a license "Register Paper Certificate / Redeem Voucher". I'm stumped. > _ <

Morfz
Level 3

Hello. Please help me. I cannot add a license in my account. What numbers should I enter from my sales order. Picture in the first message. I have entered almost all numbers, but I always get this message: "Your Serial Number was not found in our database. If you believe you entered the Serial Number correctly, then your Serial Number may not require activation. Please call Customer Care for assistance. Otherwise, please re-enter your Serial Number, and try again." I tried to call support, but my English did not allow me to communicate normally. But I can communicate with support in correspondence. What do i do?

RogRubin
Employee

Hi
The licenses, as you stated yourself, are for BE 2010 and were given to you in 2010.
These licenses are not valid for any more recent versions of Backup Exec. You might get a discount as an "old" user of BE but this is more a Sales question. I believe you need to purchase new licenses. 
Regarding the language issue - maybe someone else can assist you here or you know someone who would be kind enough to make that call for you.

From a technical point of view in regards upgrading your Backup Exec installation -> There is no direct upgrade path to the latest version of Backup Exec 21.3. You would have to upgrade first to probably BE2014, then to BE16/BE20 and then to BE 21.3. This together with OS's supported, I would recommend to use a new server (new OS) and install the current version of BE as a new installation and recreate your jobs. Keep the old server somewhere in case you need to restore old data.

Morfz
Level 3

Thanks for the answer. This is what I wanted to hear. This means that I will definitely not be able to download the new version of the program with the old license and consistently update the old one. There is only one way out, to buy a new license. This is unacceptable for us. The issue has been resolved. Thanks.