Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License renewal mandatory

haider_yas
Not applicable
Partner Accredited
Dear Support,

We are using symantec backup exec 12.5. we want to know is it mandatory to renew the licenses each year. i mean would the product still work after our maintenance has expired after 1 year or will stop working? yes we understand we wont have support from symantec if its not renewed, but otherwise is the product purchase for life?

Regards,
Haider.
6 REPLIES 6

binayak
Level 4
Partner
There will be no problem regarding running your BackuExec 12.5 once the renewal period is over, you won't get online updates and of course the online support from Symantec after the renewal period.

If you don't want updates which is very much crucial and also online support then you don't have to renew it, you can still take backup of servers as well as clients as per your company policy.

Ktendolkar
Level 3
Partner
You will not get only Symantec Support if any problem with BE server and agents. Also you will get product upgrade.

You will get all Symantec patches, service packs, hotfixes. The BE server and agents will be running as license dosent expire.

Reccommend to have Symantec Support to get product upgrade free of cost i.e. included in support cost, and you will get support from symantec too.

Otherwise we guys are here on connect to support you.

Regards
KT

edp3
Not applicable
I paid for renewal and recieved the certificate pdf file for endpoint 11.0. I used that serial# to registar and it said no license file needed  how do i renw my old symc endpoint protection 11.0 with the new serial number

Kali_Elysees
Level 3
Employee
Hi Haider,

BACK UP EXEC LICENSES ARE PERPETUAL. It's NOT MANDATORY to renew support each year BUT it is ALWAYS ADVISED to renew each year for FREE UPGRADES and TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

=)

Ktendolkar
Level 3
Partner
Any how, you will  get support if you have renewed as per product from symantec

Kali_Elysees
Level 3
Employee

If you have a valid support entitlement, please keep your Contact ID or Support Identifier ready and contact Technical Support for your issue by utilizing one of the options below:

- Information Security Products: please call the Technical Support phone number documented in your Welcome Email.

If you don’t have your Welcome Email available but have a valid support entitlement, please contact our Contracts Support team at semea@symantec.com, providing your Certificate number, License ID or Serial number, to avail of the relevant Technical Support phone numbers.

- Information Availability Products: Please select the country where you are located at http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp for phone number information.

Technical Support (US) 1-800-634-4747 opt 1

----------
hope that helps.. =)