cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License

Sanooj
Not applicable

Hi

I am reinstalling my Backup Exec 2010 R2 in a new server.

Unfortunately i lost my license key, how can i retrieve my license key for the software?

Thanks

Sanooj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The licence keys are located in a file named besernum.xml (Location <Root>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec ).

If I remember correctly, you would be prompted for the licence keys during the installation process and you can load the besernum file.  If you have already re-installed BE, then just put the besernum file in the location above on the new server.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The licence keys are located in a file named besernum.xml (Location <Root>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec ).

If I remember correctly, you would be prompted for the licence keys during the installation process and you can load the besernum file.  If you have already re-installed BE, then just put the besernum file in the location above on the new server.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Call Symantec Licensing team if the above doesn't work.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/contact-us.html

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you should have a paper license somewhere with your customer code on it. Log onto the licensing portal and you can get that. The customer code starts with Mxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks!

backupcnx
Level 2
Employee

Hello ,

You can find your License Information in C:\Program Data\SymantecShare\backupexec\License - Cut it from that Folder and Paste it in Different Location and Open The Software and try to Import the License file from the place you stored it and try to run the Installation after you import. If still doesn't work Kindly call our Support 1800-342-0652 for further assistance .

Thanks

Naren

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...these is an old post now with no response from the OP.

And if you're a Symantec employee, you should be identifying yourself (like everyone else) officially...

Thanks!