Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Agent for Apps & DBs

Marco_Tafur
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi!

I would like to confirm how many licences should my customer have to buy for the following:

- Server 1: File Services, Active Directory

- Server 2: File Services, SQL (Production), Sharepoint (Proiduction)

- Server 3: SQL (Development)

- Server 4: SQL (New server) (Production)

- Server 5: Media Server / SEP 

They have:

01 Media Server

01 RAWS

02 Agent for APP & DBs.

I think they are missing one or two Agent for apps and dbs. Is it necessary for Server 2 to have two of those agents (because it is running SQL AND Sharepoint)?

Thanks,

Marco 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

teiva-boy
Level 6

Sharepoint license will protect SQL if on the same box.

All DB licenses also include a RAWS.

I see it as 1 BackupExec media server license and 4 DB licenses.  The core BE license comes with a single RAWS license IIRC as well as one tape drive license

View solution in original post

pkh
   VIP    Certified

For server 1, if you do not need to restore individual AD objects, then you don't need an Agent for Applications and Databases licence.  You only need to have a RAWS licence.  If you need to restore any AD object, then you have to restore the entire system state which contains the entire AD.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

teiva-boy
Level 6

Sharepoint license will protect SQL if on the same box.

All DB licenses also include a RAWS.

I see it as 1 BackupExec media server license and 4 DB licenses.  The core BE license comes with a single RAWS license IIRC as well as one tape drive license

pkh
   VIP    Certified

For server 1, if you do not need to restore individual AD objects, then you don't need an Agent for Applications and Databases licence.  You only need to have a RAWS licence.  If you need to restore any AD object, then you have to restore the entire system state which contains the entire AD.

Marco_Tafur
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your reply. I thought so..however customer does not want to restore AD with GRT, so RAWS will be enough,

Anyways, they are going to need a new app & db agent.

Thanks a lot!

Marco