cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing: display numbers of token used

nicnictout
Level 4

Hello,

I wonder where can i see the numbers of token available and used by SQL agents for example, in order to know if i must buy new licenses or not. In management interface, i can only display if license is installed and licensed.

Someone could help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

If you only want to know how many licenses are installed on your Backup Exec, you must follow what VJWare mentioned above.

But if you want to know how many SQL server's are licensed under the one license key that you already have installed. There are two methods:

1. Check the license documentation you may have received from your license vendor / call and check with your license vendor.

or

2. Call Symantec Licensing to find out.

:)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Easiest and the only way to find that out is by contacting the Licensing Department to check how many SQL server's you're licensed for.

Phone: 1 800 327 2232 - Optins 1 - Option 2

Email: licensing@symantec.com

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

From the BE console - BE icon (yellow icon at extreme top left) - Installation & Licensing - Install options & licenses on this server - you would see the number of Agent for Databases and Applications installed...it would list the qty..you can compare this with the number of servers with installed databases/applications..

Or try using the Backup Exec License Assessment Tool.

nicnictout
Level 4

Wonderfull i need to call Symantec to know how many licences i have...

Thx for your answer, even if solution doesn't fit to me :)

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

If you only want to know how many licenses are installed on your Backup Exec, you must follow what VJWare mentioned above.

But if you want to know how many SQL server's are licensed under the one license key that you already have installed. There are two methods:

1. Check the license documentation you may have received from your license vendor / call and check with your license vendor.

or

2. Call Symantec Licensing to find out.

:)

nicnictout
Level 4

Ok,

thx for your answer.