cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing questiong

leekum
Level 4

I have a licensing question regarding BE 2010 R3. Will I need the basic app license for every media server I deploy? Will I also need the remote agent for Windows license on each media server? How much does each license cost?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You need 5 core licenses for each of your site and 3 RAWS licenses for each of the sites, so a total of 15 RAWS licenses

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are not backing up any remote servers then you don't need any remote agents license. Please contact Symantec sales and licensing for cost.

Thanks

VipulK
Level 4

Hi,

Plese check the Licensing Guide for BE 2010 

http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/other_resources/b-be2010_customer_licensing_guide.en-us...

and

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH125462

This will address all your queries about licensing.

Regards..

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Will I need the basic app license for every media server I deploy?

I hope that by media serer, you mean that you are going to load BE on the server and backup itself or other server to it.  If so, then you would need 1 core BE licence for each media server.  Otherwise, clarify what you mean by media server.

Will I also need the remote agent for Windows license on each media server?

No.  The core BE licence comes with a RAWS licence to backup the media server itself.  You only need RAWS for remote machines/devices.  RAWS are licence on a per machine/device basis.

leekum
Level 4

Yes, I will be loading BE on multiple remote servers. Let's say I have 5 sites (servers) that I will be installing BE 2010 R3 on. That means I will need 5 core licenses for the 5 servers correct? At each of the 5 sites, I also have another 3 servers. Will need to purchase 5 Remote Agent For Windows licenses along with the core license to be able to back up those additional 3 servers at the 5 sites? Or does the core license cover those additional servers?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You need 5 core licenses for each of your site and 3 RAWS licenses for each of the sites, so a total of 15 RAWS licenses