cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Server is not able to communicate with Backup Exec 15

kib
Level 2

Hi

My Backup Exec 15 Central Admin Server is Windows server 2008R2 . I have few windows client which are fine and i have few Linux Rhel 5.9 and 6 Server .

I have installed Agent on Linux rhel 6 both agent and Central Admin servers can ping each other but when i try to add linux server it give me error.

This is what i did.

1. Firewall is disable between two servers.

2. Both are pingable.

3. Agent is installed on linux with no error . I did confiugre agent to find Admin Server on ralus.cfg  not sure what did i missed here?

Here is my Finding during install  >

1.Checking for port 10000
                                                               Agent Configuration Warning!!!

The Agent Installer has determined that port 10000 is currently in use by another application. Do you want to continue installing the agent on '10.130.2.233' anyways? [y, n] (y)y

2.  cat /var/tmp/vxif/installralus413113508/installralus.log

VxIF::Info:: Warning (V-225-246): Cannot find ralus.cfg on remote machine

Screen shot & text file is attached .  Can any one have the similar issue or know the solution for it .

Thanks

Kib

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Not sure why there might not be a ralus.cfg but for the first issue - you need to identify why there is a port conflict against port 10000 on the system concerned

BTW to change the RALUS setup to use something other than port 10000, you would need a RALUS.CFG change and also have to understand how to configure agent publishing (again in the RALUS.CFG) in order to advertise from the agent back to your media servers.

As such any solution for both issues is likely to need the RALUS.CFG issue solving.

lmosla
Level 6

see if this helps with troubleshooting http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38357

kib
Level 2

Thank You so much for your answer’s . I am able to install Linux agent but still not able to connect from Central Admin Server . I have attached all the steps i have perform but still not sure if I am missing some thing . According to the logs Linux Agent install successfully and there is not firewall between Agent and CAS Backup Exec.

Please let me know if you need more info . I follow all the steps from Symantec website as well as admin guide but no luck . A quick response would be great.

Attched here some logs in win rar file i was trying multiple attachement but system didnot like it .

Here is the screen which is also available in the attached zip file . rar .

120px_Issue 1.jpg

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The warning message about ralus.cfg not found is not an error message and has no impact as such.

Please try / confirm the following:

1) Pls ensure the RALUS service is running on the target server

2) Are you able to ping to the RALUS from the CASO server and vice-versa using name and IP address ?

3) Right-click the RALUS server and establish a trust relationship first.

4) If IPv6 is enabled on the remote server, disable it.