cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux agent running in previous version

IT_WHT
Level 4

Hello,

I´m having problem with one of our Linux servers after uppgrading to 2010 R2. I have upgraded all of our other Linux servers and it works fine.

After a backup I receive a message in the log file that says "The target computer is running a previous version of the Backup Exec Remote Agent. You must upgrade the Remote Agent."

I have tried reinstalling the agent and removing all the old files, restarting the agent but nothing seems to work.

When I run the command: strings beremote | grep Version , I get that the version of the agent is 13.0.4164.0 which is the same version that I´m running on all the other Linux servers.

What to do...?

Regards

9 REPLIES 9

sammy_perfect
Level 5

Hi ,

Can you try making new job & then check how that works

Thank You

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How is this going to help him get rid of the error message?

sammy_perfect
Level 5

I have seen few issue in past were making new job has helped to resolve the issue so let see how it works this time

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

uninstall and reinstall the Ralus agent again

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH46461

sammy_perfect
Level 5

He has already tried doing that reinstalling of agent

IT_WHT
Level 4

I tried to create a new job but I still get the same message saying that im runng on a previous version.... And as sammy_perfect said, I have already uninstalled and removed all the files and reinstalled the product with the same result.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you get the same version listed, when you type in cat /var/VRTSralus/ralus.ver ?

IT_WHT
Level 4

Yes, I have the same version on all aur Linux machine, but only one is complaining about previous version.

markee
Level 2

Why are you worried about sammy comment worry about customer issue that would help him