cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Available Updates is very unthrustworthy and unreliable?

Administrator1
Level 3
Hi

I have the impression that checking for new updates with "List Available Updates" is not working very well at the moment.

Yesterday I was checking for updates and available updates were listed. This morning (during internal system time) I wanted to install them but the "List Available Updates" didn't show any upadtes at all.

It's not the first time that this happens? Did anybody else experiense this behavious?

Gerhard
4 REPLIES 4

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
We always install updates as they become available.
The other week SP3 for 10d became available. We downloaded it and installed it. Today SP2 is showing as an available (and not yet installed) update.

Robert_Schmidt_
Level 6
2 days ago the 'update shield' appeared in the system tray telling me items were available on the update centre. But when i checked for available updates ... nothing.

Administrator1
Level 3
> Hi
>
> I have the impression that checking for new updates
> with "List Available Updates" is not working very
> well at the moment.
>
> Yesterday I was checking for updates and available
> updates were listed. This morning (during internal
> system time) I wanted to install them but the "List
> Available Updates" didn't show any upadtes at all.
>
> It's not the first time that this happens? Did
> anybody else experiense this behavious?
>
> Gerhard

So it's only three of us who have problems? If so, I will have to live with it, never knowing if all updates are installed or not.

Gerhard

William_Rankine
Level 2
Same here - applied SP3, now SP2 shows as available in Veritas Update. On two servers at one client, one server at another.

I think I've seen this behavior before, months or years ago, probably on an older version - maybe v9? I have a vague memory that the solution involved re-aplying the older SP, then hacking some registry settings to make sure the next SP would recognise it. But don't rely on that!

Regards
William