cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveUpdate Component Registration

arrow_203
Level 4
Is there a way to manually control which components and products are registered with LiveUpdate?

For example, on my local PC, I have the Backup Exec 12.5 administration console installed.   LiveUpdate is still trying to download updates for Backup Exec 12.0 and 12.5, even though 12.0 is no longer installed.

Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
What is the version of your LiveUpdate?

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner

Hi LiveUpdate can be configured to run either Interactive Mode or Express Mode. Interactive mode gives you the flexibility to choose which Symantec product updates you want to install while the Express mode automatically installs all of the updates for your Symantec products.

Below is the procedure on how to configure your liveupdate.

1. On the Tools menu, click LiveUpdate
  2. On the LiveUpdate click Options on the upper Left corner and select Configure where you can select either Interactive or Express mode.

Reference: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286530.htm

Please "Mark as Solution" if this resolves your issue.

thanks

arrow_203
Level 4

Interactive Mode will allow me to remove one product from the update list for a single run of LiveUpdate.  What I want to do, however, is remove it permanently so I can use the Express Mode without problems.  Is this possible?

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
Let me check if totally disable for Backup Exec 12 is possible though I really wonder why is it that there is still a BEWS 12 in the story.

arrow_203
Level 4
*bump*

Anyone?