cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveUpdate Information: There is 4 Remote Agent server whose patches are not up to date.

RIDHO07
Level 4

In the "active warning messages" pane of my Backup Exec 2010 R3 I have a warning:

LiveUpdate Information: There is 4 Remote Agent server whose patches are not up to date. To install the latest patches, click on "Extras -> Install Agents and Media servers on other servers". Click there on "Import and Export -> Import servers published on this Media server". This starts a remote installation session which makes sure that your servers are updated with the newest patches present.

I am unable to follow these instructions.

- I do not have "Extras" to click on anywhere, so I chose the nearest match, "Installation and Licensing > Install Agents and Backup Exec servers on other servers" from the Backup Exec menu.

- This opened a new window listing all my clients where the Backup Exec agent is installed, all with the mention: "Currently no updates or upgrades necessary."

How can I find and fix the cause for that warning?

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As you are using BE 2010, click on Tools from the UI and then click on Install Agents and media servers on other servers. Add your remote servers here and check if it comes back stating if any remote agents require an update or not.

RIDHO07
Level 4

i can not find agent for update, because all remote server up to date.
how to find 4 Remote Agent server whose patches are not up to date?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If there are not too many machines, you can use this KB for finding out which remote servers require an update - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH15524