cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveUpdate! feature disturbing our Backup! Critical!!!

Ashish_Kesarkar
Level 5

Dear All,

Has anyone experienced below thing?

We are having Backup Exec 12.5 with LiveUpdate Disabled.
But the Software downloads the Updates and Installs it automatically, ersulting failing of backup Jobs.

Any workaround???

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
You can run the following command to Open command prompt and browse to the following directory (assuming that this is the directory in which Backup Exec is installed) :
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC\BACKUP EXEC
type in the following:
BEUPDATEOPS.EXE -addbe -optout

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Do have any other symantec propduct installed on the Backup Exec server like SEP .If you have that installed on the same sever it might be downloading and installing the update

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
You can run the following command to Open command prompt and browse to the following directory (assuming that this is the directory in which Backup Exec is installed) :
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC\BACKUP EXEC
type in the following:
BEUPDATEOPS.EXE -addbe -optout

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Ashish,

You can try going into Services.msc, and disabling the LiveUpdate service from there. It is set to manual.

Laters!

Ashish_Kesarkar
Level 5

Thnks Rahul,

Can you please explain what exactly it will do?

Thanks

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The BEUPDATEOPS command from Rahul G - allows Backup Exec to download and install using the schedule from (say) your Symantec Anti-Virus installation or to only download when you run liveupdate manually from inside the console. It has different optiosn depending on what you want to do - OptOut should result in manual console requested downloads.

Ashish_Kesarkar
Level 5
Hi Craigv,

We are having Symantec Endpoint Protection also. I think I cant disable the LiveUpdate Service as its is used by SEP11 also.

Thanks.

Ashish_Kesarkar
Level 5

Hi All,

Thanks for reply. I am going to run that command n will observe that for 2 weeks.

rickyj
Level 3

I have a similar problem  I installed SEPM on my backup exec server.  After doing this install i can no longer view the updates and choose which to install when taking the liveupdate option from backup exec.  When liveupdate is launched it automatically downloads and installs the updates.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Ashish_Kesarkar
Level 5

See the solution by RahulG

rickyj
Level 3
I have taken the steps that as stated above.  When live update is ran, even manually ran, I do not get the option to choose which updates i want.  All available updates automatically are downloaded and installed.  I would like to be able to choose which updates and be able to research them before installing.  Any help is appreciated.

Dev_T
Level 6
@rickyj,

Please open a new thread....