cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveUpdate shows both BE2010 and BE2010 R2 after upgrade

richlux
Level 4

I upgrade from Backup Exec 2010 to Backup Exec 2010 R2, but when I run LiveUpdate, it shows both products and pulls down updates for both.  The updates for BE 2010 fail and the ones for R2 install fine, but I'd like to not have BE 2010 in the list.  I am sure that BE 2010 is no longer installed.  Is there a way to remove it from the LiveUpdate product list?

Thanks,

Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

richlux
Level 4

That didn't do anything, but I did solve my problem.  I delete all the config files for LiveUpdade in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate  folder.

Then when I ran LU from Backup Exec it asked me if I wanted to register BE with LU.  I clicked ok and only the R2 version shows now.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try this KB article - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126037

richlux
Level 4

Thanks.  That's exactly what's happening.  Unfortunately, as that KB article shows in the picture, there is NO checkbox to unselect an item.

Rich

VJware
Level 6

Click on Options on the extreme top right & choose Interactive mode. Cancel the session & restart Liveupdate for the changes to take effect. You should see an option then to de-select.

richlux
Level 4

Interactive Mode is on. (That's the first thing I did).  All it does is prevent the live update session from starting as soon as it's launched.  It doesn't have a checkbox, it just makes me click next to start it.  I have seen the checkbox screen with other Symantec products, but not with Backup Exec.

VJware
Level 6

Try un-installing LU from Add/Remove & re-install by running lusetup.exe from the BE installables. See if both versions are still displayed or not.

richlux
Level 4

That didn't do anything, but I did solve my problem.  I delete all the config files for LiveUpdade in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate  folder.

Then when I ran LU from Backup Exec it asked me if I wanted to register BE with LU.  I clicked ok and only the R2 version shows now.

Thanks,

Rich