cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Local drives missing in selection list

Anava_Nefesh
Level 2

We are running Backup Exec 2010 R3 and when I go to the selection list to add a computer, that is known to have the agent installed, it comes up with either "none" or it only shows the shares. It does not show the Local drives, system state, utility partition Shadow Copy Components, etc... I have uninstalled the client on the workstations. I have tried to install it both locally and remotely by pushing it from the BE server. Any help would be much apprecitated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to these problem servers and start the Remote Agent Utility.  Check the Publishing tab to make sure that it is publishing to the correct media server address

I don't know whether this will help, but you might want to try

Disable R3 security

Note that if you disable security, then you are vulnerable to a man-in-the-middle attack.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Make sure that the id that you used to login to BE has domain admin privileges.  Here is what the BESA needs.

Requirements for the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA).

D_Ferry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

If the network is the problem and not the logon account, will I experience the same issue?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If network is the problem, you would probably not be able to see the server.

D_Ferry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I see it now... well i had this issue having 2 seperate accounts. I use the first account just to access the resources but that account wont be able to run the service of the backup exec. And the other account can run the services of the backup exec but wont be able to access the resources... correct me if im wrong, to fix this i need to add the account for access of the resources to be added to the local admin?

Anava_Nefesh
Level 2

Yes, I am using login that has domain admin privileges. I'm able to backup the majority of our systems but there are a few that seem to have just stopped showing anything when clicked unless it has a shared folder. I do not get an "access denied" either.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to these problem servers and start the Remote Agent Utility.  Check the Publishing tab to make sure that it is publishing to the correct media server address

I don't know whether this will help, but you might want to try

Disable R3 security

Note that if you disable security, then you are vulnerable to a man-in-the-middle attack.

Anava_Nefesh
Level 2

pkh, disabling the security worked. I don't really want to disable it but at least I have a better idea of what is going on. For some reason my media server is having issues with this security feature. Has there been a patch for this that maybe I have not installed?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is a fix, but it is not released yet.  See the second point of Colin Weaver's comment in this discussion

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-agent-tmg-2010#comment-6721701