cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to backup exec 3600 appliance fail with "User authentication failed. Please enter valid passw"

Antonio_Castro
Level 4

Hi all

I have a problem with the access to our backup exec appliance web UI.
After a reboot of this appliance for change it domain, the access to the web UI is failed with the message:
"User authentication failed. Please enter valid password. If problem persists contact your System Administrator."Web UI.JPG

The local Administrator user, and a domain crendentials don't work now.

The BackupExec version is 15 and the appliance's model is 3600R4.

Please your help with this issue.
Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, Gurvinder.
Actually, I'm not able to log in on the appliance by RDP, but I try locally.
Meanwhile, I have a problem configuring the RDP access by Power Shell; this is the error:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

connect to the appliance.Check on C:\Program Files\Symantec in opscenter directory if you find a security file. confirm if the hostname of the server is set correctly. Reboot the appliance after updating the security file with correct hostname. I have seen in one occassion because this file was not updated , then this issue was seen.

Thanks, Gurvinder.
Actually, I'm not able to log in on the appliance by RDP, but I try locally.
Meanwhile, I have a problem configuring the RDP access by Power Shell; this is the error:

Hi Gurvinder
This problem is presenting now again (one year ago, the problem disappears only after a restart of the appliance):UI.JPG

We review the C:\Program Files\Symantec\OpsCenter\server\config file an verify that the hostname is correct.
After that, we reboot the opscenter services, the BE services and restart all the appliance but the problem persist.

Any other idea about this?

I know that this appliances are obsoletes and EOS/EOL but now they are in production environment yet and I would like resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Ensure that it has the correct time, also if something has changed ensure the keyboard hasn't switched letters - check by typing the password in the username field to verify what the system sees is what you think you are typing.

Are you able to connect to the Web UI via a browser - to confirm the password you are entering is correct.?

Hi PJ
The appliance's time is correct.

Also, we ensure that the keyboard in on the correct language and also we copy & paste the password to avoid this kind of error.

I'm not able to connect to the web Ui, this is our problem.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Antonio

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Ensure opscenter services are running and I hope no change of account for them. Also ensure, Java version was not updated recently. Can you login to Appliance ( rdp ) and then if you connect using the browser on appliance by typing the localhost in address browser bar , does it work ?