cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon account that was provided does not have the appropriate privileges to back up the SQL database

flahr
Level 3

Recently I upgrade BackExec 2010 to 2012, updated remote agents etc... and I created all  "new" jobs and started from scratch. I have 3 servers running Win2008 with MSSQL and two of them are backing up fine,  but I am having problems with one particular server (Win2008 with MSSQL). Testing creditionals work fine, I use the System Logon Account. I have changed the creditionals to domain admins, I even used the SA logon account for access the MSSQL server and it always fails with the below errors.

I have done the following:

In SQL Server Management Server I made sure that the logon account used for backing up SQL database exists there. Made sure the Logon account was in the Sysadmin Role.

Test Run Errors (only a partial list of the errors):

Device       : 3f4c28a6-a36c-4622-980c-f541f10538d3, DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVER
Check status : Error: e0009b84, The job failed with the following error: 
The logon account that was provided does not have the appropriate privileges to back up the SQL database . Either assign the appropriate privileges to this logon account, or use another logon account.

Device       : 3F4C28A6-A36C-4622-980C-F541F10538D3, \\DICOMSERVER\C:
Check status : Error: e0009b84, The job failed with the following error: 
The logon account that was provided does not have the appropriate privileges to back up the SQL database . Either assign the appropriate privileges to this logon account, or use another logon account.

Job Alert Errors (only a partial list of the errors):

Job ended: Friday, May 09, 2014 at 12:36:32 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008443 - One or more SQL Database consistency checks have failed.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33859
V-79-57344-65088 - WARNING: The DBCC NEWALLOC command requires SA rights.  The consistency check can...
User 'guest' does not have permission to run DBCC checkdb for database 'msdb'.

V-79-57344-65088 - WARNING: The DBCC NEWALLOC command requires SA rights.  The consistency check can...
User 'public' does not have permission to run DBCC checkdb for database 'PRA_DICOM'.

User 'public' does not have permission to run DBCC checkdb for database 'PSC_DICOM'.

etc.....etc...

Backup- DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVER
Database \model was not found, or could not be accessed.

Click an exception below to locate it in the job log

V-79-57344-5891 - The object was not found, or could not be accessed (MS SQL backup). The item DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVER\model in use - skipped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

flahr
Level 3

I checked and rechecked all my logon accounts. Same problems even with using the SA account.

Then I decided to remove and create the logons again in Backup Exec, and I created a new backup job in Backup Exec for that MSSQL server. Then in the selection list for the job I selected and only selected the MS Sql server and used the sa account. The backup worked, and most of the errors were gone except for these errors :

The backup options or selections for this job have changed since the last time it ran.

V-79-57344-5891 - The object was not found, or could not be accessed (MS SQL backup). The item DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVER\model in use - skipped.

I then added the rest of the partitions/folders to the selection list in the backup job. Ran it again, and seems everything is fine still except for the database "model".

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

flahr
Level 3

I checked remote agent versions, and I even reinstalled the remote agent.

lmosla
Level 6

Hello

check the Database Consistency in SQL 

Open SQL Management Studio and connect to the SQL instance
2. Click on "New Query".
3. Type the following commands and click on "Execute"
use DatabaseName
dbcc checkdb
NOTE: DatabaseName is the name of the database that is visible in the Job log of the failed SQL job

reference  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53367

If there are a SQL DB inconsistencies your contact your SQL Admin

also refer here http://sqlserverrecoverysoftware.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-to-eliminate-consistency-error-in-sql-server-2012-database.html

Mai_Ali
Level 4
Accredited Certified

Few other points to be considered -

- If the account is a domain admin account then it needs to be added to the local admin group on the SQL server and to the SQL security logins with the public & sysadmin server roles. .

- If the account is a local admin account and the SQL server is in workgroup then assign the necessary privileges.

- The resource credentials for the local admin account will still fail with the error but if the authentication is correct then the backup will be successful. This error represents an expected behavior. The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft SQL Server always checks for domain administrator rights during test run jobs. This behavior is by design.

Note: Even though the test job and credentials check will fail, the job will still run successfully if the credentials are correct.

you can check below link

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136779

flahr
Level 3

I doubled checked the user accounts and they seemed good.

In Backup Exec I removed the defined accounts for that server, and re added them back to Backup Exec. These accounts were the same that were migrated from BE 2010. And then I created a new job which all it did was back up the MSSQL Server. It worked. THen I added the rest of the partitions etc and ran the job again.. and the backup worked and most of the errors disappeared except for a few warnings:

Resource \\DICOMSERVER\D: was not found in the previous instance of this job. It will be fully prote...Resource \\DICOMSERVER\C: was not found in the previous instance of this job. It will be fully prote...The backup options or selections for this job have changed since the last time it ran.

and

V-79-57344-5891 - The object was not found, or could not be accessed (MS SQL backup).

The item DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVER\model in use - skipped.

flahr
Level 3

I checked and rechecked all my logon accounts. Same problems even with using the SA account.

Then I decided to remove and create the logons again in Backup Exec, and I created a new backup job in Backup Exec for that MSSQL server. Then in the selection list for the job I selected and only selected the MS Sql server and used the sa account. The backup worked, and most of the errors were gone except for these errors :

The backup options or selections for this job have changed since the last time it ran.

V-79-57344-5891 - The object was not found, or could not be accessed (MS SQL backup). The item DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVER\model in use - skipped.

I then added the rest of the partitions/folders to the selection list in the backup job. Ran it again, and seems everything is fine still except for the database "model".

flahr
Level 3

I checked the backup exec logon accounts, even used the sa account. Still have errors.

I removed all backup exec logon accounts for that server and re-added them... created a new backup job with just the mssqlserver selected. It then worked with the sa account. I added all the rest of the parittions etc... and ran the job again. And the backup worked fine.

flahr
Level 3

I am still using the sa account to access the mssqlserver.

The only error I get now is from the "model" db:

Backup- DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVERDatabase \model was not found, or could not be accessed.

Exceptions 
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log

Backup- DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVERV-79-57344-5891 - The object was not found, or could not be accessed (MS SQL backup).

The item DICOMSERVER\MSSQLSERVER\model in use - skipped.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are going to copy verbatim from

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-when-testing-backup-job-mssql-2005#comment-7079171

then it is better to link to this post.  Otherwise people may think that you are plagarising.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is this the only DB where the backup skips ? Do check the event viewer on the SQL server if there any errors/warnings regarding SQLVDI or VSS or the model DB. Lastly, do run a checkdb against this DB as well.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

if you post within minutes of a previous post, it's probably better to just edit that post to keep things neater.

Thanks!

flahr
Level 3

Yes, this is the only DB that it skips, otherwise the backup is fine. I will check the event logs for that db and SQLVDI or VSS.

Ran CHECKDB on Model, no problems found

SQLVDI

There were SQLVDI errors just prior to executing the job, but not during nor any sense.

CAPI2 Errors though during the backup:

Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:
AddCoreCsiFiles : BeginFileEnumeration() failed.

System Error:
Access is denied.

Sorry about posting separately twice, I was having problems posting here. When I added info to a post and selected SAVE, the post would disappear. Especially if I cut/paste from BackUp Exec logs.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Consider updating SQL 2008 with SP3 & also re-register SQLVDI at the SQL server.