cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon accounts

Don_Juan
Level 2

Hi Guys, I have just changed the passwords on 3 servers one of whichis the main backup exec server and the other 2 have the agent installed.

2 Things to ask:

1: why are the test credentials failing if i have created the accounts with the correct credentials?

2: i am constaly being told that the agents do not have the latest updates, but whern i try to update them they fail, i have even scheduled the job to update and that fails too.

Any help on these matters would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Don_Juan
Level 2

Hi Guys, the issue was larger than expected. i had a hotfix and SP2 installed and in relation to this had trouble when changing the logon accounts. this was also affected by the Known error in bottom left corner of console whihc reads

Adapter6 Info failed.

All issue are now cleared after spending 2 hours on the phone to support which was great.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dharamveer
Level 3

which version are u using. If it is BE 2012 Kindly apply SP2 and update with latest patch.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

How did you change the password? I prefered to use BEutility.exe which would change every service accordingly, so if you haven't done this on the media server, do so and browse each server from the media server (BE itself).

Report back with an update.

Thanks!

Yukesh
Level 2

Hi,

1. What is the error message you get when the update fails. if possible attach the screenshot.

Regards,

Yukesh

Don_Juan
Level 2

Hi Guys, the issue was larger than expected. i had a hotfix and SP2 installed and in relation to this had trouble when changing the logon accounts. this was also affected by the Known error in bottom left corner of console whihc reads

Adapter6 Info failed.

All issue are now cleared after spending 2 hours on the phone to support which was great.