Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long running Backup jobs

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Experts,

Can help me to investigate a backup job which was supposed to complete in 1 day took close to a week 

I suspect it is because of availibility of tapes ? But need to confirm and a work around to fix this issue.

Attached is the backup job log

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As per the job, the backup job was kicked off on Mar 4, however actual storage was mounted on Mar 7. Once the storage media was available, the backup started on Mar 7. It requested for a second media on Mar 7, which it got on Mar 9. The actual backup & verify operations took 12 hrs + 11 hrs ~ 24 hours. Check the alerts and logs as to why there was a delay in mounting the storage media (tape). Was there as alert as mentioned above which was not responded to ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check the outstanding alerts and respond accordingly.  The job probably needs another overwritable tape.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As per the job, the backup job was kicked off on Mar 4, however actual storage was mounted on Mar 7. Once the storage media was available, the backup started on Mar 7. It requested for a second media on Mar 7, which it got on Mar 9. The actual backup & verify operations took 12 hrs + 11 hrs ~ 24 hours. Check the alerts and logs as to why there was a delay in mounting the storage media (tape). Was there as alert as mentioned above which was not responded to ?

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

VJware ,

You are always a Saviour to me :)

Thanks, 

Nayab

omar_hamzaoui1
Level 3
Partner
Yes, if you want any probleme you have to select option "allow always data " on media set.