cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long running backup for single server

JoshuaT
Level 3

I am running Backup Exec 2010 R3 on a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise server.  One of the servers that I backup (Windows 2008 R2 STD) intermittantly runs VERY long.  Were talking about 9 hours longer than normal to backup that single server (C, D, Shadow Copy, System State).  All other servers have no issues backing up.

Once the backup gets to this server it just seems to wait.  I have clocked this at anywhere from 1-3 hours before the backup begins for that resource (C Drive).  Then we wait another 1-3 hours before the next resource begins (D Drive).  This repeats for the Shadow Copy and System state resources as well.  

When this situation occurs I find that the server also takes a very long time to even browse the selection list of the problem server from the Backup Exec server.  It eventually opens the selection list but takes a long time.

When this happen I uninstall the agent from the client, reboot the client, and then push the agent back to the server from the console.  This fixes the problem for anywhere from 2 days to 7 days and then the slowness occurs again.  I have also tried manually installing the agent on the client and then restting up the trust on the server. 

It seems to be some sort of Server / Client communication issue but I do not know how to permanently fix this

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks,

Joshua

0 REPLIES 0