cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus domino backup - BE2012

Lamotta
Level 3

Hi - I am looking for advice on the best way to backup Lotus Domino. I have two e-mail servers containing archives as well as various NSF files. I have the Agent for Notes installed and my current configuration is as follows:

Job 1 Server A Full Friday (900GB)   Differential Mon-Thurs

Job 2 Server A Full Friday Only (150GB) - Archives

Job3 Server B Full Every day (100GB) - share mailboxes

The jobs are staggered so that they complete onto the same media set. We are also running DAOS which seems to significantly slow down our backups ( assuming this is due to file fragmentation ).

Anyway my main question -  from the selection list should I select the domino directory from the folder structure, should I select it from the Lotus Domino Databases option or should I select from both? I am looking to get the best performance since we are currently getting a rate of 500MB/Min which is a signification slow down from the 2000MB we used to enjoy before DAOS was enabled.   

Many Thanks for any advice.

Shayne

3 REPLIES 3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi There please check the link below which describes best practices for domino backup http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO74433 Also please ensure that aofo is not selected for your domino backup as you have got domino agent to take care of your database backup and the best way would be to backup from domino database and not from domino directory Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

please ensure that aofo is not selected for your domino backup

Why???  Do not provide advice on areas which you are not familiar with.  There is no harm in using AOFO during a Domino backup.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

@Lamotta - You should always select your Domino databases from under the Domino Databases section.  This is to ensure that the Domino agent is used during the backup.  You should not select the .nsf from the file selection section.

When you enable DAOS, you will get a slow-down, this is because of the numerous number of .nlo files that have to be analysed and backed up first.  There is no way around this problem.