cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Disk Space Warning B2D

mcornes
Level 4

I have searched out previous responses to this problem but to no avail. From device view our 2.99TB B2D folder is displaying a low disk warning. The drive has 16GB free (which in the context of 2TB is not much) but there is pleanty of overwritable and scratch media files that have expired.

The setting for "reserve space" is a mere 1GB so that shouldn't be blocking the backups - yet the recent weekly full didn't happen and is reporting "missed window" error. Is there any other settings I can check. I'm getting worried because this is the second week the weekly hasn't worked full (Last week a dirty tape head stoped the duplication) 

We did also attempt an Exchange backup on Friday but this wasn't progressing and was cancelled and the created media files were deleted (so they became scratch files). I thought BE simple recycled the space as needed as long as there was overwriteable media (ie that had passed is OPP - which lots have)

Any advice greatfully received!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mcornes
Level 4

Ah - my mistake.I had assumed disabling and re enabling would perform a similar check on the units free space to that of pausing and un pausing. Apparently I was incorrect.

The fix to my problem of a B2D folder / drive displaying low disk space was to free up some space by creating more scratch media by deleting unnesscessary Media from the devices tab. Then checking the "reserve space" on the Advanced properties of the B2D Backup-to-Disk Folder was below the actual ammount of free space and then Pausing and UnPausing the device.

I hope this now returns BE to normal opporation despite the quite low free space on the drive the "recycling" effects previously seen kick in to reuse old media.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mcornes
Level 4

Ah - my mistake.I had assumed disabling and re enabling would perform a similar check on the units free space to that of pausing and un pausing. Apparently I was incorrect.

The fix to my problem of a B2D folder / drive displaying low disk space was to free up some space by creating more scratch media by deleting unnesscessary Media from the devices tab. Then checking the "reserve space" on the Advanced properties of the B2D Backup-to-Disk Folder was below the actual ammount of free space and then Pausing and UnPausing the device.

I hope this now returns BE to normal opporation despite the quite low free space on the drive the "recycling" effects previously seen kick in to reuse old media.

Sylver_Dragon
Level 2

Thank you for the fix. 

I've been chasing my tail this past two hours trying to resolve this same problem.  I would have expected that either offline/online, service restart, or server reboot would have gotten it. But, pause/unpause it is, now to go find a wall to bang my head against.