cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS catalog synchronization

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I want to backup folders on CASO server by MMS server, if i create job on MMS i do not see any jobs replicated to CASO server, i have selected "replicated mode" in "keep catalog on field". The same if i create jobs on CASO server, jobs do not replicate to MMS. What is wrong ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Replicated mode (or any other mode for that matter )doesn't mean the jobs would be replicated from the one server to another...These modes specify only the catalog location...So if choosing replicated mode, the catalogs would be replicated from the MMS server to the CASO server..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Replicated mode has nothing to do with backing up the CASO at all.

Can you see the CASO server's drives from your MMS if you add it as a server in a selection list? If so, then you should be able to select what you need to backup.

Alternatively, your CASO server is a backup server anyway...create a local job that will backup what you need on the CASO, and then duplicate to the MMS.

THanks!

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

So suppose that disaster happened on site where CASO located. All my jobs that was created on CASO server even than they use only devices on MMS will not perform ? So if i want that jobs still executing, i need:

1. All jobs for second site create on MMS server.

2. Or i need to recover (somehow) CASO server. While i do that, backup jobs will not perform

Am i right?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Replicated mode (or any other mode for that matter )doesn't mean the jobs would be replicated from the one server to another...These modes specify only the catalog location...So if choosing replicated mode, the catalogs would be replicated from the MMS server to the CASO server..

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you centralise everything on the CASO server and the CASO dies, your site backups will die. You would need to do 1 of 2 things:

1. Get the CASO running ASAP (installing Windows, installing BE, restoring your BE backups on the CASO); or...

2. Hack the registry on each MMS and then edit out the name of the CASO server to return each server to a local media server. Using BEutlitity.exe for example will simply fail with an error.

I never centralised everything on the CASO, as I had no DR plan in place for it. You can look at replicating between the MMS and the CASO, but if you centralise, have a good DR plan in place for it.

THanks!