cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS SQL 2000\5

Yan_Thung_Seng
Level 4

Dear all,

I am a little confuse, I need advise here. Thanks in advance.

I understand that, BE 2014 has dropped support of MS SQL 2000 and 2005 SP4 below Database protection. However our plan on EOL thise platform in 1-2 years time. BE 2012 is buggy and BE 2014 is always recommed to resolve problem that we have. Many users also feedback BE 2014 is a lot stable and efficient. We are puzzling.

Nevertheless, I installed BE 2014 SP2 at our test environment, I tried my luck and realized that SQL 2000DB is still selectable under backup item selection. I tick all DB (MS SQL 2000) and the backup ran. My question is, is that mean I shall be able to upgrade to BE 2014 and backup my lagecy DB server? If it is possible, I also wish to understand the limitation.

Million thanks 

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

BE 2014 supports backing up SQL 2005 SP4 but not SQL 2000. If you are successfully able to backup & restore SQL 2000 and if any issue arises, Support would not be officially be able to assist you since SQL 2000 is incompatible.

An alternative i would suggest is for a cold/offline backup of the SQL 2000 DBs. You can use Backup Exec to backup the .bak files (created by the native SQL backup utility)