cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS SQL RESTORE

kalyanmaddy
Level 3
Hi

This is Kalyan...i am using Backup Exec Ver 10.0 5484,i installed sql agent licence in sql 2000 and sheduled database backup,
my problem is when i try to restore database to another sql server(sql redirect) i am getting the follwing error message

Unable to attach to a resource,make sure that all selected resources exist and are online,and then try again..

note:i installed the new sql server 2000 and installed sql agent licence also.

kindly sugeest me how resolve this issue

4 REPLIES 4

HiDefGator
Level 3

Backup Exec is unable to connect to the server\instance combination where you are trying to redirect the restore.     Is the other SQL instance on the same server?   If not then it will need the Backup Exec remote agent installed on that server for the restore to work. 

If you do have the remote agent on the remote server then I would make sure you have typed the server & instance name correctly in the redirection dialog.  I would also check to make sure the remote instance of SQL is running.

Finally you should be able to perform a test backup from the remote SQL instance if everything is correct.

kalyanmaddy
Level 3
Hi

The Sql server name and instance name  is same (i.e.SQL),its a local server only,and i alreday installed remote agent to this server and i can able to take test backup and i can restore.

whenever i try to redirect  I am getting the same error,

kindly suggest

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Is the BackupExec Service Account a SQL Admin on the server you are trying to restore to?

kalyanmaddy
Level 3

Hi

No....In The Server Logon account and Sql logon accout is same only.

Thanks & Regards

Kalyan