cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSL6030 missing library

Michael_T
Level 2
Hi,
Really hoping someone can help me here, I have searched everywhere and am at wits end.
I have a Windows 2003 Server which is SAN attached and zoned to an MSL6030 with 2 LTO2 drives.  The server shares the library with a Netware 6 server also which backs up without fault.  The Windows server is attached to EMC SAN via QLogic QL2312 HBA's.  I had originally built the server and installed the trial version of BE 11d whilst waiting for license codes, and all functioned correctly for a number of days.  The server was then rebuilt, and installed with correct license codes and the robotic component of the library could not be seen by BE.  The OS could see the library (with HP drivers installed from HP tape drivers installer and the Medium changer (HP drivers) however BE can only see the drives.
I have all the correct add ons installed (ie. Library Expansion Option - have even tried 2 instances of this license) however I cannot get BE to attach to robotics.  HP L&TT's can see all of the devices as claimed by NT, therefore there is no locking issue with the Netware server.
The SCSI addresses of the library and 2 drives are 1, 2 and 3 respectively, which is represented as 0, 1 and 2 by Windows Device Manager.  I have used BE tools to uninstall and use BE drivers only, uninstalled and gone back to trial (all options enabled) version to no avail.
adamm log reports Error 0x00000005 (error_access_denied).  Any help much appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

RahulM
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Do you have the SAN-SSO option installed on the Backup Exec server?

Message Edited by RahulM on 02-28-2008 02:39 AM

Michael_T
Level 2
Yes, SAN-SSO option has been installed (using the trial version) with no difference.  BE does actually see the library during install, as reported in the environment check.  Incidentally, all firmware is up to date (e1200 router, chnager, and drives)

Device: Changer0This is a supportable** changer device.

Product: HP MSL6000 Series 0520
Device Type: MediumChanger
First Slot: 0
Service Name: libxprmc
Current Driver Name: libxprmc.sys
Recognized by Symantec?: Yes
Symantec Driver Loaded?: No
SCSI Port: 2
SCSI BUS: 0
SCSI Target: 2
SCSI Lun: 0

RahulM
Level 6
Please ensure that the Library is running in RANDOM mode
The medium changer should be coming up as UNKNOWN MEDIUM CHANGER in the device manager
and  the tape drive should be using the Symantec drivers.

RahulM
Level 6
By the way,what version of Backup Exec are you running?

Michael_T
Level 2
Hi Rahul,
The library is in RANDOM mode.  I have changed the driver back to Unknown Media Changer, and both the drives are using the Symantec drivers.  I am currently using BE 11d, which I uninstalled and installed BE9 to check whether the I still had the issue - I did.....I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled 11d, rebooted and still have the same issue, the only difference being the reporting of the library driver after the change to Unknown Media Changer.

Product: HP MSL6000 Series 0520
Device Type: MediumChanger
First Slot: 0
Service Name: N/A
Current Driver Name: N/A
Recognized by Symantec?: Yes
Symantec Driver Loaded?: N/A
SCSI Port: 2
SCSI BUS: 0
SCSI Target: 2
SCSI Lun: 0

Not sure of relevance, but from the Adamm.log file
Scsi Address
Prt :Bus :Tar :Lun   Attributes
-------------------  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0002:0000:0002:0000  Device Name             "\\.\MediumChanger0"
                     Primary Inquiry         "HP      MSL6000 Series  0520"
                     Serial Number           ""
                     Device Flags            KSCSI
                     Device State            1, Offline, ERROR = 0x00000005 (ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED)
0002:0000:0002:0001  Device Name             "\\.\Tape0"
                     Secondary Name          "\\?\scsi#sequential&ven_hp&prod_ultrium_2-scsi&rev_f6aw#5&18740daa&0&000201#{53f5630b-b6bf-11d0-94f2...}"
                     Primary Inquiry         "HP      Ultrium 2-SCSI  F6AW"
                     Serial Number           "HP      Ultrium 2-SCSI  HUL3L05187"
                     Device Flags            KSCSI, SN(TYPE 1)
                     Device State            3, Online
                     Device IDs              1002, {BA0035A3-B7E1-43FC-8D89-EBA450A6AE45}
                     Device Name             "HP 1"
                     Device Type             134283265, "LTO 64K (64K,10,0,E,HU)"
                     Device Features         0x000BFB7F: PB,SFB,SRB,WFM,SFF,SRM,PEOD,ES,EL,LU,E,SBS,DC,SDC,TA,HU,RR
                     Device Element          0, 0
0002:0000:0002:0002  Device Name             "\\.\Tape1"
                     Secondary Name          "\\?\scsi#sequential&ven_hp&prod_ultrium_2-scsi&rev_f6aw#5&18740daa&0&000202#{53f5630b-b6bf-11d0-94f2...}"
                     Primary Inquiry         "HP      Ultrium 2-SCSI  F6AW"
                     Serial Number           "HP      Ultrium 2-SCSI  HUP6B01UJT"
                     Device Flags            KSCSI, SN(TYPE 1)
                     Device State            3, Online
                     Device IDs              1003, {B8C6AC98-136B-4B63-A78A-DBF95447EC61}
                     Device Name             "HP 2"
                     Device Type             134283265, "LTO 64K (64K,10,0,E,HU)"
                     Device Features         0x000BFB7F: PB,SFB,SRB,WFM,SFF,SRM,PEOD,ES,EL,LU,E,SBS,DC,SDC,TA,HU,RR
                     Device Element          0, 0
-------------------  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by Michael_T on 03-03-2008 11:47 AM

Michael_T
Level 2
Also, when I change the driver from StorageWorks MSL6000 to Unknown Media Changer, HP L&TT's reports Unexpected Win32 error encountered during I/O scanning: 50.  This is not the case when using the HP driver..

RahulM
Level 6
Question needs to be moved

This board is for BEWS 12.Please post your question in the appropriate board.

How to resolve hardware communication/detection issues with Backup Exec