cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL$BKUPEXEC, EventID 17806, SSPI Handshake failed, error 0x8009030c

schmidtm
Level 3
Hello!

We have some trouble with backup exec 12.5  after a domain migration because we changed the active directory domain. After migrating the server host to the new domain we get up to 10 times in a minute the following error in the eventlog:

Source: MSSQL$BKUPEXEC
EventID 17806
SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. [CLIENT: 194.x.x.x].

After migrating the server to the new domain I changed the credentials for the new domain administrator. I changed every backup exec service where I found "oldDomain\Administrator". I did not change the services with "local system". Backup Exec 12.5 shows me that all services have been started successfully and the daily backup works without errors. Everything seems to be fine but the error messages in the eventlog.

I checked the credentials of the backup exec services. Have a look:
backpexec.GIF

It is also possible to connect directly to the SQL server with the administrator credentials. I also checked the permissions for the BEDB and BE_DLO database. It looks correct, too!

How can solve this problem? Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Try editing the hosts file or rename the Sql server name.

This could occur if the Sql server has a name which is more than 15 chars in length.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Hello,

Try editing the hosts file or rename the Sql server name.

This could occur if the Sql server has a name which is more than 15 chars in length.

schmidtm
Level 3
Thank you very much! This resolved my problem!

The servername is longer than 15 chars so made a new entry in the windows hosts file.

VJware
Level 6
Pls mark this as a solution as your issue is resolved. Thanks.