cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS X 10.4 PPC remote agent (BE12) crashes after ~200GB during backup-to-disk

rslygh
Level 3
I have a new installation of BE12 for Windows, with a Mac server running OS X 10.4 on a PPC. The agent installed fine, but when I run backup jobs it will crash and I'll get the "connection to remote system lost" error. If I reduce the size of the backup, then I can usually get through the full job. I've checked file permissions, backup settings, and anything else I could think of, and they're identical to any jobs I have setup that work successfully (I do have successful backups on a separate group of Windows and Mac servers). I'm backing up the files to a Lacie 2TB Ethernet RAID disk. Anyone else having this issue, or know how to fix it?
3 REPLIES 3

Sergiok
Level 2
Did you ever figure this out?  I've had very inconsistent experience with Symantec's Mac agent.  It appears they never truly figured out how to make the agent run properly on the Mac OS.

rslygh
Level 3
I never did solve this problem, but the agent eventually started working better. It still hangs or crashes on occasion, but once every other week is tolerable to me when it used to happen every day.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the file system have lots of deep paths (i.e. total number of characters defining the path is large)? or are the individual file names very long - making a deep path when you take into accounnt the path and filename together? As there have been issues on various Linux variant operating systems (including OS X) relating to his.