Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Notifications for Support contract expiration and patch upgradation

Shoeb_Sayyed
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Folks,

we are having Backup exec 2010 install in our system. we are having 40 media server installed in our environment on different server.

I am looking for help on two points:

1) Can I get all media servers in single console. so that i can monitor the backup related activities.

2) Also to check Contract expiration I have to login to each server and check. It is possible to get support expiration alerts on mail

Same way If I have to check wether new upgrade required I have to login to each server and check. For this also can I get the email notification.

Thanks in advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You could consider using the CASO option for your first requirement. Have a look @ this KB as well - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH43297

For your second query, from the BE UI, click on Tools and then Preferences. There is an option " Send an alert on this date as a reminder to renew your maintenance contracts".

Lastly, click on Tools, then Options and then LiveUpdate settings. Here you can enable automatic updates and choose the option of notifying you when an update is available.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6

You could consider using the CASO option for your first requirement. Have a look @ this KB as well - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH43297

For your second query, from the BE UI, click on Tools and then Preferences. There is an option " Send an alert on this date as a reminder to renew your maintenance contracts".

Lastly, click on Tools, then Options and then LiveUpdate settings. Here you can enable automatic updates and choose the option of notifying you when an update is available.

Shoeb_Sayyed
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the prompt reply

I need more clarifications on:

1) For your second query, from the BE UI, click on Tools and then Preferences. There is an option " Send an alert on this date as a reminder to renew your maintenance contracts".

----> will I get a option to get mail alert after enabling this? If I dont get alert on mail then where these alerts will be shown if media servers are configured in CASO option.

2) Lastly, click on Tools, then Options and then LiveUpdate settings. Here you can enable automatic updates and choose the option of notifying you when an update is available. 

----> will I get a mail alert after enabling this, If I dont get alert on mail then where these alerts will be shown if media servers are configured in CASO option.

VJware
Level 6

These would show up under the Alerts tab. And you can configure email alerts for different types of alert categories as well.