cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailboxes and Public Folders not visable in selection list

Zied_Melhem
Level 2
Recently I was forced to reinstall IIS on my exchange server and do a repair of Exchange. Since then Microsoft Mailboxes and Public folders are not visable in the selection list. The Infromation Store is visable for selection though.

Exchange 2000 SP3 is running on Windows 2000 SP4.

Backup Exec 10.0 is running on Windows 2003.

I have reapplied all service packs, Exchange and Windows.
Removed the remote agent and reinstalled it on the Exchange server.
I have checked the value of the Restrict Anonymous Support registry key on both the media server and the exchange server and restarted all services.
I have ensured the Backup Exec service account is a member of local administrator, domain admins and is a full exchange administrator.

Are there any other things that I need to do to make the mailboxes and public folders available?
5 REPLIES 5

Renuka_-
Level 6
Hello,
This issue can occur if the user's legacyExchangeDN attribute is stored in all uppercase letters in Active Directory. The attribute information can be corrected by performing the following in ADSI Edit:

Important Note: If the VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) Service Account mailbox is affected with the corrupt DN attribute issue, the service account will be unable to attach to Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.

To use ADSI Edit to change the legacyExchangeDN attribute:

1. Click Start | Programs | Windows 2000 Support Tools | ADSI Edit (Windows 2000 installation CDROM, \Support\Tools)
2. In ADSI Edit, locate the mailbox of the user who is experiencing this issue. The mailbox should be located under the domain tree. Right-click the mailbox, and then click Properties.
3. Select the Attributes tab, and then select either Optional or Both to view the properties of the attribute
4. In the Select a property to view list, select the legacyExchangeDN attribute
5. Copy the entire entry in the Value box into the Edit Attribute box
6. Change the values that follow the delimiters ( / ) to lowercase letters
For example:
change: /O=ORG NAME/OU=SITE NAME/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=AD USERS/CN=USERS/CN=USER NAME
to: /o=ORG NAME/ou=SITE NAME/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=AD USERS/cn=USERS/cn=USER NAME

7. Click Set to set the changes to the legacyExchangeDN attribute

Repeat the preceding steps for the mailbox of each user who is experiencing this issue.

Notes:

* The problem can occur as a result of Exchange System Manager or the Mbconn.exe support tool being used to reconnect a mailbox to an associated Active Directory account. The reconnect process erroneously sets the DN delimiters to uppercase letters.
* The legacyExchangeDN attribute is used for backward compatibility with components that are earlier than Exchange 2000 to represent the way that a DN was stored in the Exchange Server 5.5 directory.
* Microsoft has issued a statement that Exchange 2000 Service Pack 1 resolves the re-occurrence of this issue.
* Contact Microsoft to obtain FBFIX to correct the incorrect values that have already occurred

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Chip_Craig
Level 3
Try reinstalling the Exchange System Tools and Exchange System Manager on the media server.

Zied_Melhem
Level 2
I have checked the legacyexchangeDN attribute and this is not the problem.

I have also reinstalled the Exchange Management tools on the media server.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please verify if the files esebcli2.dll and mapi32.dll exist on the server.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Zied_Melhem
Level 2
Checked both. Turned out to be an incorrect MAPI32.DLL version.