cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing drive pools with bemcmd.exe

fmoultrie
Level 2
Partner

bemcmd allows creating a drive pool (-o102) and deleting a drive pool (-o121). How can I add a drive to an existing pool? "create" doesn't work if the pool already exists. "delete" isn't possible unless all jobs/policies are first redirected to another pool. Is there an option or other way to update an existing pool with an additional drive from bemcmd? It is easily done in the GUI but that breaks my job automation scripts by requiring manual intervention at this step. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Couldn't find any way to do it by using bemcmd.exe

Attached document is having all options of bemcmd.

fmoultrie
Level 2
Partner

The post notes that there are commands to add/delete pools but I am looking for a way to modify an existing pool. Post also explains why delete/add isn't solution because of usage of the pool by many existing jobs. There isn't an obvious way to modify a pool in either the online help (bemcmd command line) or the Symantec doc/pdf files. Looking for something novel/missing/other - the GUI does it - should be exposed in some way to the command line.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BEMCMD is not meant to be a complete replacement for the GUI, e.g. you can scan a tape library using the GUI, but there is no BEMCMD switch to do a scan.