cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max concurrent jobs to B2D folder - 16 streams?

teiva-boy
Level 6

I know there is a hard limit to the B2D folder in that you can only have up to 16 concurrent running jobs.  Is this limitation PER media server, or is this PER B2D folder?

I have situations, where the customer's B2D location can write at 1GB/s, or faster.  Yes that fast!  But not what you think...  These are deduplication appliances from the likes of Exagrid and DataDomain.  

So in order to maximize the potential ingest speeds of this device, we use 10GbE on the media server, and multiple concurrent jobs.  But wanted to know where the limitation is placed on the value 16 for the B2D.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

rendersr
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

As far as I know the limitation is on backup device/folder.

Just keep in mind when backing up on an DataDomain device, you should disable multiplexing in the stream and go for more devices (or concurrent jobs). This will greatly enhance the performance and deduplication power of the array.

Ruben

teiva-boy
Level 6

There is no multiplexing in BackupExec, so that is not a problem.  BE has NEVER had it, may not ever since product management thinks it will impede on NetBackup sales.  (Stupid and short-sighted)

Thus my comment on max number of concurrent streams.  

Thanks,

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I know there is a hard limit to the B2D folder in that you can only have up to 16 concurrent running jobs.  Is this limitation PER media server, or is this PER B2D folder?

I'm fairly certsain it is at the Device level, but I'm setting the support flag to draw the attention of the Symnatec Techs