cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Number of Incremental Files

WDV
Level 3

Hey guys, i am using bakcup exec 15 and my inquiry is that i need to know the maximum number of incremental files that backup exec can handle after full backup. Does backup exec has a maximum number of incremental files after full backup?. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I've never seen anything in any backup application that limits the number of INCR backups that can be done. You can check the admin guide but I expect it's not going to list anything.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

I've never seen anything in any backup application that limits the number of INCR backups that can be done. You can check the admin guide but I expect it's not going to list anything.

Thanks!

WDV
Level 3

Alright, Thanks CraigV.

WDV
Level 3

Sir CraigV, i have another question. i have a robotic library(Dell 124T) that has 16 tape cartridge. all 16 tape is already full and no other space is available for data. if i replace that tape and insert another 16 blank tape how it affects the database? it will overwrite the information on the database or it will retain the information regarding those old tape information( ex. Barcode, Label). 

CraigV

If you put in 16 blank tapes, they'll be assigned to the media set based on the particular backup job running, ie. Daily, Weekly, Monthly etc. No information is overwritten in the DB with this at all...they're added in and new catalogs are created.

Thanks!

WDV
Level 3

Thanks Sir CraigV.

Sir i have uploaded a print screen picture of my concern, infinite - Do not overwrite under "overwrite protected until" column and Not appendable under "not appendable until" column. is there a chance to overwrite the data on that particular tape and accept an appendable set again like a normal overwrite and appendable operation?

WDV
Level 3

Thanks Sir CraigV.

Sir i have uploaded a print screen picture of my concern, infinite - Do not overwrite under "overwrite protected until" column andNot appendable under "not appendable until" column. is there a chance to overwrite the data on that particular tape and accept an appendable set again like a normal overwrite and appendable operation?