cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Insert During Job

itjem
Level 3

Occasionally while running a backup job, BE prompts me to insert media. Problem is during the job BE puts a lock on the autoloader (Dell 124T) so it does'nt let me insert anything. Is there anyway to unlock the autoloader during the job? How else can I insert media without cancelling the job?

9 REPLIES 9

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi 

Please click on link below

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO22882

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

Which alert response will unlock the loader?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If you are pointing your job(s) at a one slot partition, there isn't much you can do about this

If you are pointing at the loader as a whole, BackupExec should be able to grab an Overwriteable tape from those mounted, base on the options you have selected

itjem
Level 3

So no luck?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Hmm

When a tape fills up (either Append or Overwrite) the job can only continue on an Overwriteable tape.  Are the other two tapes Overwriteable? 

itjem
Level 3

Well in this scenario the other two are full, hence the need for a media insert.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

In that case the only solution I can see would be to either reduce the amount of data in the job, or expand your partition

pkh
   VIP    Certified

...  or remove the partition.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Unfortunately, if BE has a lock on the hardware, there is no way to unlock the drive and then put a tape in the autoloader.

I have tried this myself, including putting the job on Hold. Once the job is running, BE has exclusive access to the hardware.