cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Server unable to login to Linux Server

Jon-A-Ton
Level 3

Hello,

I have a Windows 2008 Backup Exec Media 2010 R3 Server that is trying to connect to a Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP4.

However the BE server is unable to authenticate to the SLES server.

I get the following error when trying to browse into the server:

"The logon account that was provided does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct, and then try again."

This is the error that appear in the Job Log when it trys to run:

Error category    : Security Errors
Error             : e0009b61 - The logon account that was provided does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct, and then try again.

This server worked fine prior to an update I had to apply to move from SLES SP3 to SLES SP4.  After SP4 was applied I was no longer able to authenticate to the server from the BE Media Server

I'm currently working with Support on this, but I wanted to post here to see if anyone had any ideas.  

• So far I have uninstalled the RALUS agent, Reinstalled the RALUS agent.  
  • Re-entered the login credentials
  • Confirmed that port 10000 is open.
  • Restarted several times, before and after RALUS reinstalls.
  • Originally Symantec Support suggest that I update from BE 2010 R2 to BE 2010 R3 - which I did (which is how I got to R3).  Liveupdate has been run on the BE server and all available packages have been applied.

When I do a RALUS reinstall and browse for the server, I get a popup that needs me to confirm the trust relationship between the SLES box and the BE Media server.  I approve it, and then the logon error occurs.  I think this would imply that the Media server and the SLES box are communicating.

Did I mention other SLES 10 SP4 linux servers are able to be browsed?

Thank you everyone for your help, I really appreciate it.

Jonathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jon-A-Ton
Level 3

While on hold with Support (the hold music really is terrible...) I found that I am able to authenticate from my BE Media server as an eDirectory user but still not as Root.  It appears that the eDirectory user will be able to back up everything that I need, but I don't understand why BE is even able to authenticate the server in this way.

At least I have a manner to backup the server while Support sifts through logs trying to figure this out.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jon-A-Ton
Level 3

While on hold with Support (the hold music really is terrible...) I found that I am able to authenticate from my BE Media server as an eDirectory user but still not as Root.  It appears that the eDirectory user will be able to back up everything that I need, but I don't understand why BE is even able to authenticate the server in this way.

At least I have a manner to backup the server while Support sifts through logs trying to figure this out.