cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media catalog problem

Lechu54
Level 3

Hello

I have plenty of old backups on media tapes. I would like to catalog one them to see content.
After launching catalog job on specific tape - it runs a while and asks me for another tape (i don't know why)
During this job BE has changed tapes many times and catalog process is still not finished.
How to start catalog job on a single tape ?

Kind Regards

7 REPLIES 7

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

You must uncheck the option "Request all media in sequence" from Tools - Options - Catalogs.

This will now make Backup Exec look for other connected media's which were used during the backup and allow you to catalog one tape at a time.

Lechu54
Level 3

Unfortunately

Option "Request all media in sequence" is already unchecked. - BE2012 still asking for other tapes.

Lechu54
Level 3

bump..

really need help on this...

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

It would be good to make a new catalog folder in backup exec directory & then perform inventory & catalog the tape & check if that helps

Thanks

Lechu54
Level 3

Hi

I ve create new catalog folder and run catalog job on a single tape. After 3 hours of cataloging process - job ended with this:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/4593/39980896.jpg

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Considering the situation all your above comment ,please do duplicate job from tape to disk which will recreate the catalog ,now if this also fails then please check for hard read and write error on tape drive and tape used for catalog, also it could be the thing that for your backup verify was not selected. So try duplicating it first and let me know Thanks.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How is he going to duplicate the tape when he cannot catalog it?