cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media label not updated

andrademac
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I put a new tape in my unit and label the media, next when I eject and put other new tape, i still see the same label before media, this happen with all my  media. The inventory exec but does not resolve the issue. I work with 2012 Version and IBM LTO4 Unit. The symantec drivers and the software are updated.

I need label all my media to assign GFS media set.

Thans for your help

Mauricio

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Every time after you change tape in a stand-alone tape drive, you would need to run an invenotory job.  After doing inventory, the tape label in BE would reflect the current tape.

andrademac
Level 3
Partner Accredited

That is the problem, after running the inventory, continue showing the last name, despite is other new media.

Jeff_Foglietta
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

That is odd.. Have you tried restarting the BE services and retrying?

andrademac
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Yes, many times. Is very odd. I will try to uninstall an reinstall de backup unit. Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I put a new tape in my unit and label the media, next when I eject and put other new tape

Did you label the second new tape before you rn the inventory?  If not, there is no tape label to display and BE will show the previous tape.  You must always label your new tapes before running inventory or use them.

andrademac
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your help, finally when the GFS policy started to work, all  the media could be labeled.