cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media not showing up in catalogs after being written or cataloged.

CSRPhoto
Level 3

After upgrading, then reinstalling from scratch, v. 12.5 on my CASO and Managed Media Server none of the tapes in the library for the CASO are showing up in the catalogs. I've deleted them from the Media Set (via the Retired Media) and re-cataloged, which is successful, but when I attempt to restore data from them all I get is an error stating that the catalog can't be found and to re-catalog the tapes. I've done this multiple times now. Furthermore, I ran our monthly full backups this weekend on the CASO...all of which backed up successfully, but again when I try to run a restore I get the same error as above. Everything that is backed up and catalogged on the MMS works fine, however hardware differences prevent me from being able to catalog the tapes over there.

So, what is happening to the supposedly "successful" catalogged information, and how do I correct this so that I can run restores?

1 REPLY 1

pfx82
Level 4

With CASO there are a few "Extra" features about catalogs. Here is a doc on the catalog locations for CASO.

Changing the CASO catalog location

From what I see, the catalog location is held in the registry. If you previously had an alternate catalog location, then you will need to update the catalog location.

How to change the Job log path and Catalog path in Backup Exec 

Are you right-clicking the media and selecting restore OR creating a new restore job from the Restore tab ?