Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media set to be used on the JOB

ricardodru
Level 3

Dear,
Would help to solve the problem below.

It is set on the media. What media use on the JOB.

I use Backup Exec 2012.

Once a week, I perform a full backup, where the tape used should be sent to an outside company, like a media rotation.
But I have a certain number of tapes that must be used in this rodizio. Can not be any tape.

I tried doing this:
Created a media set, and associated the desired media to set this tape, I named this set as "MONTHLY MEDIA".
Associated the JOB to this media set,

Out of this media set that I created, there are other tapes, some are "empty-cleaned".

When I run this JOB, not always she takes the tapes that are in the media set "MONTHLY MEDIA".

As the backup exec tape determines which it will use?

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you have an autoloader or library, then consider partitioning that and targetting a specific partition for your job. Just make sure that the correct tape/s are put into those partitions, as BE doesn't look outside of that.

Thanks!

ricardodru
Level 3

Dear CraigV 
The equipment here is Dell PowerVault TL2000 Tape Library. 
But I did not understand the question of partition. Could you explain me please?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
See this document on how BE searches for over writable tapes. http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO22313 Click on the tapes and make sure that the tapes in the targeted media set are overwritable BEFORE the start of the job. If necessary, associate the takes with the scratch media set so that they are overwritable. Note that if you use partitions and there are no overwritable tapes in the partition then your job well fail even when there are overwritable tapes in other partitions in your library