cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Leak BE2010R2

chussi
Level 4

Hey, I am in trouble with Backup Exec 2010 R2 on Server 2008 R2.

The server is running fine.
But when I start a GRT restore from a File which resides in a vmdk file, the memory goes up to 100%.
The server has 12GB memory. Taskmanager is showing 11,99GB and 100%.

As soon the restore finishes, the memory goes down to normal.

BUT !!! There is not process visible which would take this amount of memory !!!

Not in the taskmanager also not in the ressourcemanager of windows. CPU load is normal during this restore time.

Any ideas ?

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

install the following fix http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH130157 or simply run the live update and update the remote agent after installing the fix

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi chussi,

If you go into Task Manager, it has to show you which process has taken all your resources. Select the option to see all processes run by all users (little tab at the bottom left), and then filter to see which process this is.

If it isn't any of the BE processes, check for an antivirus which might be causing the issue.

Laters!

chussi
Level 4

Hey Craig, thats the problem. Even with showing all processes, no process is visible which takes all the memory.
But it must be a process from backup exec, as you know, when the restore finishes the memory is available right away.

chussi
Level 4

Hey Raul, why do you think that this Hotfix will resolve my issue ? Nothing in the Issues resolved section about a memory leak.

Did you make the same experience ?

Chris

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Another option might be to try "Process Explorer" from Microsoft to see which process is consuming that much RAM. It is in general more verbose than the standard task manager.

Are you running the restore from tape or from disk? Which version of BE was used to create the Backup? 

chussi
Level 4

Hey Simon, Backup was made with 2010R2 as well. The restore comes from tape and was also backed up to tape before.

Haven´t tried the process explorer yet.