cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6

Not applicable
Hi,how can I merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6?I had to reinstall my server, but the guy who did it forgot to migrate thecatalogs.Is there a solution?Thank's for support,Alexis
4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable
Alexis wrote:> Hi,> > how can I merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6?> I had to reinstall my server, but the guy who did it forgot to migrate the> catalogs.> Is there a solution?> > Thank's for support,> > AlexisStop tha BEWS servicesCopy all the *.U01 files to where-ever you want themDelete the BETOPCAT.IDX fileRestart BEWS

Not applicable
Ken Putnam wrote:>Alexis wrote:>> Hi,>> >> how can I merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6?>> I had to reinstall my server, but the guy who did it forgot to migratethe>> catalogs.>> Is there a solution?>> >> Thank's for support,>> >> Alexis>>Stop tha BEWS services>Copy all the *.U01 files to where-ever you want them>Delete the BETOPCAT.IDX file>Restart BEWSThank's for answer,what can I do with duplicate file names?Regards,Alexis

Not applicable
Alexis wrote:> Ken Putnam wrote:> >>Alexis wrote:>>>>>Hi,>>>>>>how can I merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6?>>>I had to reinstall my server, but the guy who did it forgot to migrate> > the> >>>catalogs.>>>Is there a solution?>>>>>>Thank's for support,>>>>>>Alexis>>>>Stop tha BEWS services>>Copy all the *.U01 files to where-ever you want them>>Delete the BETOPCAT.IDX file>>Restart BEWS> > > Thank's for answer,> > what can I do with duplicate file names?> > Regards,> > AlexisI assume you mean two identically named U01 files?About all you could do in that case is determine which volume(s) they refer to, move one to the new loction, and inventory/catalog the other set after the merge

Not applicable
Ken Putnam wrote:>Alexis wrote:>> Ken Putnam wrote:>> >>>Alexis wrote:>>>>>>>Hi,>>>>>>>>how can I merge 2 catalogs with BE 8.6?>>>>I had to reinstall my server, but the guy who did it forgot to migrate>> >> the>> >>>>catalogs.>>>>Is there a solution?>>>>>>>>Thank's for support,>>>>>>>>Alexis>>>>>>Stop tha BEWS services>>>Copy all the *.U01 files to where-ever you want them>>>Delete the BETOPCAT.IDX file>>>Restart BEWS>> >> >> Thank's for answer,>> >> what can I do with duplicate file names?>> >> Regards,>> >> Alexis>>>I assume you mean two identically named U01 files?>>About all you could do in that case is determine which volume(s) they >refer to, move one to the new loction, and inventory/catalog the other >set after the mergeThank's for support,I'll try asapRgds,Alexis