cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

Adam_Bertram
Level 2
Whenenver I reboot my Windows 2000 Server, I am consistently getting this error.

Runtime Error!

Program: c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\beserver.exe

This application has requested the Runtime library to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
--------------------------------

I am also having difficulties backing up. I have reinstalled BE and have also upgraded drivers for both my tape drive and SCSI controller. One thing that was odd, which I'm not for sure if it's related or not was that the tape drive will not upgrade the firmware.

Any help is appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,
Do you receive this error durning installation

If yes then
Please reboot the machine and then try installing Backup Exec using the "Setup.exe" located in WINNT\Install\BE folder and verify if the installation proceeds without errors. Makes sure you have copied installable files on local hard disk.

If this does not helps, run repair of Windows OS installation

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Brian_Martinez
Level 3
Have the same problem too with a w2k server as well. Didn't try the reinstall but instead just upgraded to version 10. In the end cheape just to cut our lossesr than dump more time into this problem. Trying to run a repair on the OS is not a solution, might as well just say reformat and reinstall as that's pretty much what you'd end up doing with a repair. Amount of reconfiguration afterwards would be more work than it would fix.

Adam_Bertram
Level 2
Thanks for the replies, but I am not about to do a repair on this server. There has got to be some other option.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please run a repair installation as it will not change your configuration.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.