cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft information store doesn't retrieve

msm880109
Level 3

i had install window server 2008 r2 sp2 and exchange 2010 sp2 , then i try to back backup but information store doesnt retrieve. did i miss or skip install or setting something. i need somebody to help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and Install Options and Licences.  Follow the dialogs and you would see a dialog for you to choose which option to enable.  You can check the Exchange option and then follow the dialogs to the end.

If you have installed the licence correctly and have enabled the Exchange option properly, when you click on  Click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and Licence Information, you should see next to Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server, Licenced - Yes and Installed - Yes.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should post the error messages that you are getting.

msm880109
Level 3

nothing error i get, but when microsoft information store doesnt retrieve i cannot backup mail on exchange server

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you do the following:-

1) Install an Agent for Applications and Databases licence on the media server.

2) Enable the Exchange option.

3) Push out the remote agent to the Exchange server.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you ensured the Backup Exec account has appropriate permissions to backup Exchange 2010 - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH126587

msm880109
Level 3

for step 1 and 3 i had done. what mean enable exchange option

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and Install Options and Licences.  Follow the dialogs and you would see a dialog for you to choose which option to enable.  You can check the Exchange option and then follow the dialogs to the end.

If you have installed the licence correctly and have enabled the Exchange option properly, when you click on  Click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and Licence Information, you should see next to Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server, Licenced - Yes and Installed - Yes.

msm880109
Level 3

OK. SOLVE. THANK YOU PKH