cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate old v10 server's catalogues to new v11 server?

Support_User
Level 4
I have built a new Backup Exec v11 server, which is working fine.

How can I get my catalogues from my old v10 server into my new v11 server? 

I was going to do an in-place v10-to-v11 upgrade on the old server, then copy the *.FH and *.XML catalogue files to the new server, but the in-place upgrade fails every time.  I also tried copying just copying the old catalogues onto the new server, but after stopped & starting all the Backup Exec services, they didn't seem to get picked-up (thought it was worth a crack).

So, I am looking for an alternaitve method to get those old catalogues into the new server.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nathan.

4 REPLIES 4

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
I think you should be able to copy the .FH and .XML files into the catalogs folder (note that in BE11d there is a subfolder named after the media server - the catalogs go in here). Then open a command prompt, change to the Backup Exec directory, and run catrebuildindex.exe -r
That should resynchronize your catalog index.

Support_User
Level 4
Thanks Hywel, but v10 catalogues seem to be a different format.  They are .FH and .IMG files. 

Any ideas?

Also, assuming I can find a conversion process, if these catalogues are from a different media server (the old server), can I still import them into the new media server's catalogue subfolder?  I'm assuming I can.

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Stop the Backup Exec services on the 11d server, copy the catalog files from the 10d server into the root of the catalog directory on the 11d server.  Then start the services, wait about 5-10 minutes and the catalogs should be available.  11d will read the catalogs from a 10d server.

Support_User
Level 4
Thanks Blipsey, that worked perfectly!

Previously, I'd only copied the FH files and not the IMG files, no idea why, a moment of madness perhaps.