cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration backup exec 2014 WS2008R2 to WS2012R2

warezland
Not applicable

Hello !

I am going to migrate my DC and i'm using backup exec 20014 on windows server 2008R2.

How can i export conf and jobs to a new server WS2012R2 ?

Thanks you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Stop the BE services, and grab copies of the Data/Catalogs folders under your installation directory.

You'd basically upgrade to Windows Server 2012 R2 (otherwise do a clean installation), and with an in-place upgrade of the OS, the BE settings are also migrated along.

If this is a clean install, then the Data/Catalogs folder backups are important. You would install Server 2012 R2, then BE 2014 and patch, and once done, stop the BE services and do the following:

1. Rename the new Data/Catalogs folders to Data.old for instance.

2. Copy the backed up Data/Catalogs folders to the new installation directory, and start up the services.

If you changed the server's name, then run bemig.exe to update the BEDB, and then push-install any reomte agents to your remote servers.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Stop the BE services, and grab copies of the Data/Catalogs folders under your installation directory.

You'd basically upgrade to Windows Server 2012 R2 (otherwise do a clean installation), and with an in-place upgrade of the OS, the BE settings are also migrated along.

If this is a clean install, then the Data/Catalogs folder backups are important. You would install Server 2012 R2, then BE 2014 and patch, and once done, stop the BE services and do the following:

1. Rename the new Data/Catalogs folders to Data.old for instance.

2. Copy the backed up Data/Catalogs folders to the new installation directory, and start up the services.

If you changed the server's name, then run bemig.exe to update the BEDB, and then push-install any reomte agents to your remote servers.

Thanks!