cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimal rights to run BE Console

Radovan_Vojtek
Level 3
Hi all,

what are the minimal rights to be able to run BE Console? I have add db_owner rights to BEDB database to user, however when I try to run BE Console the "Connect to Media Server" authentication dialog appears, and it reappears even if I enter correct user name and password.

Can anybody help?

Thanx,
RV.
4 REPLIES 4

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

In order to use the remote admin console, you need to have domain admin rights.

In order to isolate the issue, please perform the following and verify the results:

- Logon to the remote server where admin console is installed using the Backup Exec Service Account and then try connecting to the media server.

- Try using only the IP Address instead of the host name if you are trying to connect through host name. do not use the UNC pattern (\\).

- Ensure that all the services on the media server are running using domain admin rights except for remote agent which should be running using local system account.

We hope this will help.

Thanks.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply

Radovan_Vojtek
Level 3
I'm sorry about delay. I've solved the problem by making the requested group member of local Administrators group. It's not the ideal solution, however it works - that's important :)

Thanx for your advice!

R.V.